Privacy Notice GDPR 2018
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) seeks to protect and enhance the rights of data subjects.i.e our customers. We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to progress your case and as set out in this privacy notice.
The legal basis for processing your personal data will be to meet our contractual obligations to you and the estate agent or supplier who has instructed us, and our and your legitimate interests and the estate agents or suppliers legitimate interests (as applicable).
Who are we
We are the Live Organisation Limited (“Live“). Live are a limited company registered in England & Wales under company number 03268535 and our registered office is at PO Box HK3, David House, David Street, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS11 5QJ. Our VAT number is: 642264452. This site “www.live-org.com and www.live-lx.com are sites owned and operated by Live.
In what capacity will Live hold information about you
In providing property services, we will either act as a data controller or a data processor dependent on the source of the data we receive in connection with your transaction.
If you have supplied us information directly we will normally be the data controller and if you have provided the data to another party who supplies us with the data, such as an Estate Agent the Estate Agent will normally be the data controller in relation to the data you have supplied them. If a Conveyancer is acting for you they will also normally be a data controller.
Whether we act as a data controller or data processor we will comply with GDPR requirements.
What information will Live hold about you
Personal information about you, if relevant to enable us to carry out the necessary identity checks and process your case, such as:
· title and full name
· current and new addresses
· date of birth
· telephone number (if you have chosen to provide it)
· your email address (if you have chosen to provide it)
How Live will use information held about you
Live will use it to process the property services matter we are instructed on relating to:-
· arranging an Energy Performance Certificate
· arranging an inspection of your property
· a sale of your property
· a purchase of your new property
· to contact third parties where necessary to progress your case. Such as another conveyancer in the property chain
· to liaise with your estate agent and live panel conveyancers involved in your property transaction or a related transaction or other conveyancers involved in the property transaction such as a property chain where necessary to progress your case
In some cases we may be required to disclose your personal information, to comply with legal requirements and requests from government agencies.
What happens if you cannot provide us with personal information
In the event that you are unable to supply us with the personal information we need in order to process your case, we may be unable to progess your case further.
What are your rights relating to the use of your data
Under data protection law, you have certain rights around the processing of your data, which depend on the legal basis for collecting your data and the uses made of your data. For all uses made of your data, you have the right to be informed about how we use your data and this notice discharges that obligation.
However, further rights apply in different circumstances, set out below:-
· Right of access - you have a right to request a copy of the information we hold about you
· Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete
· Right to be forgotten – In certain circumstances you can ask for the data to be held about you to be erased from our records. Please note the live panel conveyancers who will be acting for you will be required to hold data for a defined period of time, which will be specified by their Regulators
· Right of portability – you have the right to have the information we hold about you transferred to another organisation
· Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply you have a right to restrict the processing. Please note this may mean we cannot continue with your case
· Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of process such as direct marketing and automated processing - Please note we will not use your data for these purposes
How long will Live retain your information
Live normally retain the contents of files for a minimum of six years, and in the case of purchase conveyancing matters for a minimum of fifteen years, these timescales are subject to review.
Data is stored in Data Centres within the United Kingdom.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that is downloaded onto your computer when you visit a website. You can use your web browser to control cookies. These cookies are used to secure sessions and improve access to our websites.
In the event you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by Live you have the right to complain to the Live Data Protection Officer. You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office who would normally expect we have been given the opportunity to respond to your complaint within 30 days.
Data Protection Officer
Live Organisation Limited
Information Commissioner’s Office